Friday 11 June 2010

Night Shifts

Mr Dibble is on Nights right now, I hate it, I worry that something bad will happen, I know there is as much chance of him being hurt on a day shift as there is on a night or late shift, but that doesn't stop me from being concerned that some muppet with a knife or gun will hurt Mr Dibble when he is working. Friends have asked how I cope knowing that he is going out to work as a possible target for people who hate Cops, I usually answer that I try not to think about it!!! Thats not really the truth, I do think about it, lots. Take this morning, he was due home by 7.30am, by 8.30am when I left with the little Dibbles to take them to school he still wasn't home, I started to worry, I know deep down (in the sensible bit of my brain) that if anything had happened, I would have had ' The knock on the door', the one every cops wife dreads, no matter where in the world they live. I rang his mobile, not available! I waited until me and the littles had got to school and rang again, this time he answered, he was on his way home, he had had to go to Big Town with a victim in the early hours, Big Town is a two hour drive away, and had not left there to drive back until about 6am this morning. So, as usual Mr Dibble was fine, just caught up with work again, still doesn't make any difference to me though, I will always worry.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Goodlady Dibble,

    I know what you mean above. I spoke with Mrs PB tonight about the same, as we were making tea. Her quote "I know you're probably good, but I'm sure you're certainly reckless." How right she is. I think more often that not, the other-halves get forgotten by the public, and wrongly so. I don't doubt you've shared and shouldered the burden of a difficult shift.

    Welcome to blogging. I hope you enjoy it, and continue; I like your writing style.

    Peeb.

    ReplyDelete