Saturday 31 July 2010

Cancelled Rest Days

Now, most of the time, I am not too bothered about Mr Dibble having a cancelled rest day, we just work round it, but every now and again it really annoys me. Two years ago me and Mr Dibble got wed, we booked it for a Saturday that he was on a rest day, we only wanted a quiet affair as we have been together for donkeys years, just us, the kids and a couple of mates, then some food and a drink down the local, well, his rest day was cancelled, he put in a request for the day off, giving the reason and it took them until two days before to tell him yes, ok then, have the day off Mr Dibble as its your wedding day!!!!!!
Sometimes I think, well actually, make that a lot of the time these days, that the 'Higherups' think that Officers do not have a life outside the Job, cancelling rest days, moving shifts and generally buggering around with family life.
This time, Mr Dibble has been told that he has to go in on a night shift smack bang in the middle of his annual leave, luckily we are not going away, as me and the kids are caravanning the week before!!! but that isn't the point, they have ok'd the annual leave, therefore he shouldn't have to work, well, we will see what happens there, but I am not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment